Tuesday, June 7, 2011

E-mail marketing is not the way to advertise

When you surf the internet to purchase a product do you go directly to the site or do you search for a better price at some other place. I had a phone call from a business that wanted to set up a website for me for the low price of $39 and all had to do was pay hosting and advertising for my site. Purchasing an e-mail list can get very expensive and this form of advertising is ineffective.

They were not as pushy as some of these work at home businesses but what they were going to do was take care of all the technical stuff like adding Amazon.com and other major companies so I could become an affiliate and earn a commission off all my sales.

First of all setting up a web page has never been easier and this can be done without much technical knowledge if you can follow directions. What is difficult is the and also the most costly part of starting an on-line business is advertising your site and getting traffic to your site. E-mail is now one of the newer methods of advertising new and old businesses. Have you noticed your in-box lately and how many unwanted advertising is coming to your in-box.

Recently I have been getting more e-mails in my in-box from businesses from all over the world in attempt to advertise or market their sites. I had approximately 200 e-mails in one day and this is irritating enough that I just deleted them without even reading one of them. This form of advertising is having the reverse affect that it was intended for. Businesses are spending a fortune to purchase lists of e-mails and they are getting scammed.

To save time and my delete button I have made a new free e-mail address that I am sending out to all my creditors and personal family and friends and no one else will get this address. I hope that this will end up saving me precious time daily by not having to sift through the unwanted e-mails or spam forever.

This is a message to all the companies that think they can advertise by e-mail it is not working. If I want to buy something on-line I will look for the products on my own and not because you sent me an e-mail. Advertising e-mails are as irritating as most commercials are on television. I would rather save money on the product than raising the price of your products to advertise in this manner.

Think about how much time you are wasting from sitting at stop lights, watching commercials and scanning through unwanted e-mails. What do you think is the best way to advertise a business today? I personally think there are more creative ways to sell the public a product and that is by saving the consumer money.

E-Mail Rules: A Business Guide to Managing Policies, Security, and Legal Issues for E-Mail and Digital CommunicationE-Mail Rules: A Business Guide to Managing Policies, Security, and Legal Issues for E-Mail and Digital CommunicationThe e-Policy Handbook: Rules and Best Practices to Safely Manage Your Company's E-Mail, Blogs, Social Networking, and Other Electronic Communication ToolsMini Ebook Gold Mine: How To Build Your Credibility & E-mail List To Make Massive Sales Fast & Easy; How To Use A Mini Report To Maximum Exposure Leads ... Your Own Super Pre-Seller! Mission-SurfE-mails can and will be held against you. (Up front: news, trends & analysis).(Judge rules that e-mails written by a J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. senior staff ... article from: Information Management JournalTHE 10 RULES For Evaluating An E-Mail Management Solution.(Buyers Guide): An article from: Customer Interaction Solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment