Saturday, November 27, 2010

SURVIVING BLACK FRIDAY TO GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY

Hope everyone survived BLACK FRIDAY yesterday. I personally do not fighting the crazy mob of people in the lines at the stores so I did some on-line shopping. Actually this is very convenient and is more my style. My daughter-in-law loves the excitement of fighting the crowds for the best deals. She has her sister wait in the long lines with the cart while she runs around getting all the items on her Christmas list. She invited me but I declined as us older folks enjoy sleep too much. They left at 10pm on Thanksgiving night and they returned about 10 am the next morning.

I was so full of turkey and the chemical that is in it that puts you to sleep took affect immediately after dinner. I was happily sleeping while she was on the wild shopping spree. I have to say she did get some good deals but so did I on the computer safely at home. She said there was some mean arguments over the last item but she enjoyed watching the verbal garb that both ladies spurted at each other. Thank goodness for on-line shopping as it makes life a little easier.

Back in the day I remember a fist fight over the famous Cabbage Patch dolls. I was amazed at how barbaric people could actually get over the last one. This was a hair puller, punch and grab session until they were removed from the store. Neither one of them ended up with the last doll. Sales were up 16% yesterday so I sure some merchants are happy today. Well now there is only 27 days left to shop.

Remember that you can always buy certain things on-line unless you are the kind of person that needs to see what you are buying. You can do a lot of research on the computer before you go to the store. Computers have really changed the retail industry and if you are on a budget like I am this year you can find the best deals so you know where to go. I like the shopping on-line so I can find unique items for the person that you can never figure out what to get them. Better hurry though as it takes time for shipping and you want to have it by Christmas. In my next post I will find some websites where nice gifts are less than $20 and they are unique.

Good luck on your shopping this year and remember to stay within your budget. Nothing is worth feeling overwhelmed by debt that you can't afford. Your loved ones will understand if you cannot afford a lot of gifts. I would rather have nothing then to have a loved one deep in debt after Christmas. Just to have your family with you is the greatest gift of all.

Our family is going to Harvesters to help box up food for families that are having difficult times. The grandchildren are going with us as this is a way to give back something to our community. There are many families from all walks of life that are in need in this recession. Even though I am currently jobless I still want to give something to my community. This is giving a gift that is more precious than any store bought item. I feel rich in love and when money is running low we celebrate the hard times. You should try this as worrying never gets you anywhere and things will change when you least expect it.

Junior Wireless Pc Computer -Affordable Gift for your Little One! Item #IA4L-GBM18679My Father's Legacy - The Ultimate "One Of A Kind" Unique Gift For Your Father! AAA+++ (Limited Time Offer)Variety Pack - Biblical, affirmations with scripture reference to empower your thinking, relieve stress, and deepen your spiritual life while you drive! Give a unique gift, under $10, that uplifts with positive, faith-filled affirmations!Full Size Acoustic Guitar with Free Carrying Bag - Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment