Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Technology-Can You Live Without It?

There were more cell phones bought last year than any other electronic item. I can't handle it when my remote for my television stops working. It is a shame but I have come to rely on electronics and technology to make life easier. Kindle is a nifty little item to have at your disposal.

We take electricity for granted. I remember the last ice storm when we had no electricity for 7 days. Nothing worked and I couldn't imagine life without it. I barely remember the time when we had party lines. Every busy body neighbor that had nothing better to do listened to your personal phone calls. Soon as you hung up you could not get on the phone as they were busy gossiping about everything they had heard for the day. Am I glad those days are over.

I have never sent a text on my cell phone and my friends laugh as they text without looking. Trying to keep up with the changing technology is very difficult. I remember mentioning 8-track tapes and my nephew which is only 18 years younger than me said "what is that". 8-track tapes were quickly replaced by cassette tapes and now DVD's. Just wait and soon you will be remembering some type of technology that has came and went so rapidly that is now lost forever.

Is technology good for us? Read my next post. You might be surprised at my answer. Does anyone remember 8-track tapes?

BlackBerry Storm 9500 Unlocked Phone with 3.15 Mega pixel Camera (Black)BlackBerry Storm 9530 Unlocked GSM + CDMA World Phone with 3.15 Mega pixel Camera - Black - (Certified Refurbished) Black Durable Silicone Skin Soft Case + Rapid Car Charger + Clear Reusable LCD Screen Protector for RIM BlackBerry Storm 9500 9530 Smartphone
Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Unlocked Smartphone. 3.2MP Camera with image stabilization. 3.25in Touchscreen display

No comments:

Post a Comment