Saturday, February 26, 2011

Organizing Old Photos

The first issue of my spring cleaning of the closet was finding old photos hidden away and taking up space. I have a large container that is full of pictures that cannot be just thrown away. Pictures are to enjoy not to be hidden in a box in the closet taking up space. Here are some of my ideas to display the photos so you can enjoy the memories. If you are good at sewing here is one idea. I will share more later.

IDEA: A blanket or quilt with pockets that hangs on the wall that you fill with groups of photos. For support you may want to put a wooden or plastic rod at the top sewed on the top. Another choice is to buy a towel rod and use it to support the hanging quilt or blanket. You have to adjust the size of quilt to fit the largest towel rod you can find. If you are really creative and have the money a craft store sells wood rods of many sizes.

Use an old quilt or buy a inexpensive light blanket. Walmart has them on sale a lot and they usually run about $5. The blanket or quilt should be about 4' by 6'. Taking different colors of fabric that match the colors of the room and blend in with the blanket. To save money use old clothes or pieces of fabric you no longer want and cut them into 6" by 8" and turning the edge under sew the pieces of fabric in rows. Get creative and sew them so that they form a circle or make a unique design or even abstract.

The point is to put a group of photos in each pocket. When I get the closet clean I will sew an example of my idea so that will give you an idea of what I am talking about. Taking a break between cleanings like sewing this blanket will break the monotony and make it more fun.

I have many ideas that I will share with you but I need to get back to my spring cleaning. This was one of the first obstacles I ran into when cleaning the closet out. I could not throw the old pictures away as they are irreplaceable.Stay tuned for further issues that occur during my spring cleaning adventure.

290-Piece Assortment Set - Organize Home and WorkshopCoCaLo Alphabet Soup 5-pc. Wall Hanging3M Command 17505 Photo ClipsFamily Tree Quilted Wall Hanging W/ Photo Holders by Collections Etc

No comments:

Post a Comment