Saturday, February 26, 2011

SPRING CLEANING-Clear out the Clutter

Winter is fading away and will soon be a memory. The gloomy days of February are the best days to begin to get organized. Now is the time to start your spring cleaning so you can be outside enjoying the nice weather. I love the spring and I am always more motivated to make some changes to my home. While you are cleaning out the closets look for things that you no longer want or use. I make it a game so I can motivate myself.

I like to save things but over the years I realize that this creates a large collection of junk. I now use the theory if I haven't used it or wore it in a year then it needs to go. Less is best as the saying goes. Who wants to spend your precious time off from work cleaning all the time. Box up the old things you have no use for and have a garage sale. Garage sales are a good way to make some extra money. I use this money to buy some new things for my home.

A new coat of paint or some new furniture can really change a room. I don't know about you but when I do spring cleaning I like to rearrange my furniture. A clean home makes you feel good and helps change your mood giving you a new outlook on life. Spring is a time for new beginnings and a fresh start. Clearing out the clutter in your home clears the clutter in your mind.

I feel more in control and happier when my house is in order. Old man winter is fading away quickly and the geese are flying north. Seasonal affective disorder which affects many people by February can be easily changed by getting your home in order so you have time to enjoy the wonderful spring weather and the beautiful sunshine. Let's get busy cleaning now. Grab your tote with your cleaners and get your first room clean today. Take it a room at a time so you don't get burned out.

Microfiber Wonder Cloths ( Set of 4)Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Spring Clean Up Kit, Snap Pea ScentAkro-Mils 09185 BLUE Plastic Tote Caddy, 14-Inch by 18-Inch by 9-Inch, BlueClorox Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner 32 oz (946 ml)

No comments:

Post a Comment